Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Xtina is pumped!

For those of you who don't know me Kelly's intro might be helpful. My name is Christina, aka Xtina to Kelly's Kel Nino. I moved from my life-long home in Atlanta to Washington DC in May 2010 to start a new job, and 1 week later I was hit by a car while crossing the street! I have spent the past 9 months recovering from 2 broken ankles, a couple surgeries, and a whole lot of metal plates and pins that changed the way I walk.

But thanks to an awesome surgeon, a great physical therapist, and lots of motivation and support from family and friends I am at about 75% recovery and determined to get even better. Once Physical Therapy ended in January, I tried exercising on my own but never got around to it and my desk job wasn't helping anything. In mid-March I joined a gym and got a personal trainer to develop a workout routine that would focus on core body strength and slowly adding in weight bearing activities as I got stronger.


My 6 month Goals (mid-March to mid August)
  • workout with my trainer 1-2x per week focusing on circuit training and core strength
  • workout on my own 2-3x per week doing light cardio (bike, treadmill, rowing, swimming)
  • cut my daily sodium intake down to 75% of daily allowance - this one is on Dr's orders since my BP is too high
  • lose 40lbs - should also help with the BP
  • be able to hold the tree pose in yoga on both ankles for 30 seconds
  • be able to go down 4 flights of stairs walking normally (right now I have to turn sideways because my ankles won't bend so well)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Christina! This is going to be wonderful watching the both of you. Vocabulary and exercising everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Xtina! Those are some really awesome goals. I know you can do it! Let me know if you want some fast, easy, healthy recipes. I know it's hard when you get home from work and all you want to do is pop a frozen pizza in the oven and crash, lol, but I have a ton of recipes that require minimal time investment. :)
    Cant wait to hear what you and your trainer are doing together!

    ReplyDelete