Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 2, Days 2 & 3 - Constant State of Soreness

OK, so it isn't that bad. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. In any case, I'm pretty much mildly sore all the time now. But you know what? I think I'm seeing results already. When I taught spin class tonight (yes, it's 2-a-day Wednesday), I noticed my shoulders and biceps seemed more defined in the mirror, but I could be imagining it.

Yesterday was Cardio X day. It's a short workout, only about 45 minutes, but it includes a little bit of yoga, Kenpo, and plyometrics. A little bit of everything, and very fun. Unfortunately, as I was leaping about during the plyometrics section, I took a tumble and rolled my ankle. It was less than graceful. I'm not hurt, but my right ankle and side of my foot were a little tender this morning .
Luckily, today was the Arms & Shoulders and Ab Ripper X sections, so no need to stress that foot. I tried to increase my weights and reps from last week. I used 8 lb weights on everything but tricep kickbacks and shoulder raises, and did a minimum of 12 reps every time. I feel great! I definitely need to get that pair of 10 lb weights for next week.

After my workout this morning, I busted out the blender and experimented with my protein powder. I made a strawberry-banana smoothie (rough recipe below) and LOVED it. The vanilla protein powder has a distinctive, rich vanilla taste and makes the smoothie thick. I loved it so much that I went and bought the chocolate flavored whey powder! Can't wait to try a chocolate protein shake (chocolate banana, any one?). I also bought some frozen peach and mango chunks to further experiment with my vanilla powder.

STRAWBERRY BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
Blend to joygasmic smoothness:
1 banana
4-6 large strawberries
hefty dollop plain low-fat yogurt
several glugs (~1/2 C) vanilla silk milk
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use the Jillian Micheals brand)
double handful ice

1 comment: