Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Friday, April 8, 2011

MUSCLE MILK! HGH! PROTEIN! POWER BARS!

I bought my first jug of whey protein last night. Yes, I caved and bought the Jillian Micheals brand, but with good reason.
1) At only 100 calories per scoop, it seemed more appealing to a calorie-counter like me, especially compared to the 150 to 300 calories of other brands. I'm not looking for a meal replacement; I just want a post-workout dose of protein to help my muscles recover and repair.
2) This is probably absurd, but it came in a smaller jug. I didn't want to buy a giant barrel of whey or soy protein, only to discover that I didn't like the stuff. And, being a girl, I didn't want a barrel-o-protein sitting on my counter.
3) I usually drink a big glass of soy milk after a workout, so I already get a little protein. I just need an extra boost. Each scoop has 15 grams protein - perfect! Lo and behold, it's delicious mixed into that tall glass of vanilla silk milk!

But I knew I got the right stuff when I saw this advertisement below my favorite Youtube video. Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment