Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 4, Day 2 - Running Down a Dream

So much for "recovery". Yesterday I woke up a little bit stiff, so I decided to go for a little jog to loosen up. In the past, I haven't been able to run much because my hamstrings are so weak. No matter how slow and easy I go, they're usually screaming at me by mile 3 and I'm gimpy the next day. But woah buddy, did I feel great yesterday! I walked up a steep half-mile hill and then ran a 1.5 mile loop back home. Once I figured out that my hamstrings were going to hold up, I picked up the pace and just enjoyed the wind in my face. Probably for the first time ever, my lungs couldn't keep up with my legs. I was really bookin' it on that last half mile! Lol, then I immediately did Yoga X. Then I immediately went to Chastain and worked around the farm.

Speaking of Chastain, I taught a lesson for the first time! At least, part of a lesson and supervised by Katie. Maybe I'll be teaching independently by next week. I think I'm really going to enjoy this, especially when I get a student who really enjoys being around horses and wants to learn. I taught a couple girls who were very cute! Totally makes up for the fact that a little white pony bit a welt on my arm, the little beastie. Lol. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

Because of yesterday's run, Yoga X, and day at the barn, my legs were pretty shot today. Core Synergistification was pretty rough during the lunge portions. I got through the lunges as best I could, and then tried to give 110% on the abs exercises.
On a positive note, I can almost do the isometric plank to chaturangas! When I started, I couldn't even get into the chaturanga, let alone hold it for 10 seconds and then push myself back up to plank. I currently struggle with the full minute of alternating plank and chaturanga, but I can do them for maybe 30 seconds. I'm hoping that I can do a full minute in 2 weeks, and then maybe be able to to the running version within a month.
Oh! And I had a sweet potato today!
So let me count the ways I feel great:
1) Enjoyed a pain-free, fast run
2) Gently rocked Yoga X
3) Had a great day at Chastain and taught for the first time
4) Held my planks and chaturangas today
5) Ate that tasty sweet potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment