Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 1, Day 2 - Cardio X and Lessons in Storm Survival

Today I completed the Cardio X session. Hooray, me! There was really nothing to be afraid of here. The first 15-20 minutes consisted of a gentle warm up and then some fun yoga. Gave me a great chance to work on those chaturangas that I struggled with yesterday!
Then there was a section of the dreaded, mysterious Kenpo, a form of karate/kickboxing/cardio humiliation. Unsurprisingly, I found that my coordination was not so great. Jab, Cross-over, Hook, Uppercut - WHAT?! Lol, but after about 10 reps of those, I started to get the rhythm. Sort of. I did better with the kicking, and really got into that.
My favorite part was the plyometrics. Squat, jump! Heisman hold, leap to the side! Jump shots and high steps! Actually super fun.

I've also made the painful discovery that you need a REALLY squishy mat to do the "Superman Banana" exercise. I did them on my yoga mat yesterday - oops! In this exercise, you roll around on your mat, alternating between working your back and your abs. And if you got them bony hips, you're going to end up with these over your hip bones. Lol, HOT. Lesson learned.

On a side note, we had to perform a rescue mission for Donovan's brother late last night, because he crashed his new truck on the way out of my neighborhood. You might have noticed that the weather was a little precarious. Thank goodness he is safe, but his truck is in bad shape. So I'd like to dedicate today's p90x workout to the memory of Mason's truck. I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment. But seriously, I'm really glad he's OK.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, on your hips!
    Also yikes on the truck!
    I like reading your posts, I'm learning lots of new words (chaturangas,Kenpo,Synergistification...)

    ReplyDelete