Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 1, Day 4 - Death by Yoga

Today's Yoga X was the first p90x workout that I didn't enjoy. I don't think I'm a workout whiner; in fact, I love that exercise burn. But I'm not exaggerating when I say it was agony. Why? Well, we started with 5-10 min of warming up and gentle stretching, followed by 40 minutes of lunges and warrior poses. Literally, 40 minutes of the following:
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Reverse Warrior
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Reverse Warrior
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Reverse Warrior, Side Angle Bend
Plank, Chaturanga, Up Dog, Down Dog, Lunge, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Reverse Warrior, Side Angle Bend
And so on, with more lunge poses every time. OMG. It was very tedious, and my poor hamstrings were screaming.
And then, suddenly, it stopped. At about minute 55, we got out of that darn plank, stood up, and started doing balance poses. I almost cried with joy when Tony told me to do tree pose. I thought it was a trick, but then we continued on from balance poses to floor stretches. I highly enjoyed the last 35 minutes of Yoga X. Yes, if you're wondering, it was an hour and a half.

But you know what? It's done! And I did it!

Tomorrow I have a special treat: Ladies Night! We're going to a spa and then taking a pole-dancing lesson. Hahahahaha, yes! In order to maximize my exotic dancing experience, I will postpone my Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X workouts until Saturday. I know, I know, but I need to keep my career options open and therefore need to learn as much as possible at this lesson. Hopefully my Dad didn't read this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment