Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 5, Day 1 - Back on Track

On Friday afternoon, Donovan and I took off for a relaxing weekend getaway in Asheville, NC. Needless to say, I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted (which was a lot), and enjoyed a leisurely good time with no thoughts of exercise. I wasn't all bad; On Saturday afternoon, we went for a little hike up Chimney Rock, but we quickly negated those health benefits by having absolutely divine BBQ pork sandwiches on the river at Duncan's BBQ. North Carolina BBQ is one of my favorite foods...Mmmm, melt-in-your-mouth pork shoulder in a vinegary, runny sauce. Definitely worth it!
We also cleaned up and went into downtown Asheville for some upscale dining. On Friday we ate at The Marketplace, where I had an old-fashioned and a grouper filet in a pool of green curry sauce with spring rolls. Donovan got local trout over yummy beluga lentils. We then shared a beautiful dessert of layered red velvet cake (wish I'd taken a picture of it). I highly recommend The Marketplace. On Saturday we went to Carmel's, which was also yummy, albeit more casual. I got meatloaf, Donovan got a new York Strip, and we shared a trout dip and bottle of Haraszthy zinfandel.
And of course there was our cute little cabin. It had everything we needed, plus a little deck, fire pit, and even a waterfall in the back yard! I could have stayed there forever - it was just so peaceful.

Which, of course, made it difficult to face Core Synergistics this morning. I actually missed Friday's Cardio X and Saturday's Yoga X. But heck, it was a much needed vacay, and I'm going to work twice as hard during my workouts this week and be twice as vigilant on my diet. The good news is that my fridge is empty and therefore ready to accept healthy food! Notice that my schedule is also a little different too. Arms and Shoulders has been replaced with Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps, but my schedule is otherwise the same as the first 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment