Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Xtina gets her meal report card

So part of joining the gym and getting a personal trainer is that I am given access to a meal planning and nutrition tracking system. I go online and can create mealplans for the days ahead and get rated on their nutritional value. They offer suggestions for meals or snacks to meet my goals as well.

So far I haven't been doing this in advance and printing a shopping list the way they intend, but I have been logging what I eat each day just to get a visual on everything and help keep me accountable and motivated.

This is Monday's report card. Monday was a bad day. I REALLY wanted to get chinese food at lunch and so I did that but it does reflect in the report card and that afternoon I had no energy. Might have been better if I had not also had a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel for breakfast but I decided to stop having those from now on after that meal too. I now do a plain bagel and a strawberry banana smoothie and its way more satisfying!

This is Tuesday's report card. Tuesday was a good day. Still need to improve in a couple of areas, especially sodium since I am supposed to be cutting that anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Shame on you for not getting enough folate! Lololol. But seriously, this is a really cool way to track what you're eating! Do you take a supplement at all? I take Women's One A Day, and I feel better knowing that I'm getting the vitamins and minerals I need. So I only have to watch the "weight control" and "heart health" categories.
    Also, what with Cinco de Mayo (and all its temptations) approaching, here's a recipe that I posted earlier. The salsa is really good on lots of things, but the huevos rancheros are really filling and pretty much it every food group. Go light on the cheese, because it's really flavorful without it!
    http://pumpyouup2010.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-2-complete.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you can easily substitute vegetable oil or margarine to cook the eggs, and leave out the tortilla entirely if you wish. :D

    ReplyDelete