Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Xtina finds her OM

First off, apologies on the lack of posts these past two weeks. Working with my trainer and cardio at the gym got sidetracked by work demands exploding and me needing to go do testing at a super secret underground facility LOL

But by the end of last week I got back on track. Monday I worked with my trainer on arms, abs, and thighs. Today I hit the gym on my own to do 40 min of cardio (bike and treadmill). My gym offers free group fitness classes and I saw that Kundalini Yoga was starting at 6:30 so I thought I would give it a go.

I knew this class would be just a little different when I met the instructor who was wearing a head turban. She was very excited to have a new student in the class and handed me a piece of paper with our opening mantra on it:

ONG NAMO
GURU DEV NAMO

I bow to the creator
I bow to that infinite wisdom
that brings me from darkness to light

How inspiring is that! The class incorporated yoga poses but was really focused on breathing and chanting and mostly sitting down and moving arms and torso which was perfect for me. I admit that this class is not for everyone and you have to go in with an open mind and a penchant for drum music, but I had a good time and liked learning how to chant the mantra so that my whole body vibrates to the core!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that's sounds fun. It also sounds like someplace I'd have a hard time keeping my snarky comments in check. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yea I had to check the attitude at the door. Did you watch the video I linked at the bottom with the chanting demonstration. Its like that for realz!

    ReplyDelete