Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

OMG, I need an intervention

Dinner: Entenmann's black & white cookies, coconut M&Ms, and probably an enormous helping of yesterday's homemade chicken n' dumplins. Uh oh.

I need help. I don't even want to know what kind of weight I've put on in the past 2 weeks. Between the idle lifestyle of final exams and uninhibited froyo & cookie binging...well, surely it's significant. So after one weekend of outrageous shenanigans (I am not responsible for anything I say or do between now and Monday, ok?), I'ma start taking care of myself again. Why wait until next week? Cuz it's my burfday! And my graduationz! I'd be crazy not to party. So, hello, Four Loko.


That's my cousin, Eric. He's a pilot in the air force and an all-around badass. If my birthday/graduation weekend is half this epic, I'll be proud.

Starting Monday, it's back to real life. I have a 2-prong attack. Let's call it Operation Cookie Monster.

1) South Beach Diet. I've been a long-time proponent of South Beach. It's not for every one - if you love your carbs, it's not for you. However, my diet usually centers around lean meats and fruits anyway. So cutting out the fruit and replacing it with fresh veggies is no biggie. It also forces me to abandon the sweets, which is my achilles heal, and flesh out my meals with lean protein and fresh produce. I feel better, my skin clears up, and it gets me back on track eating right. It also gets the cookie cravings under control. Mmm...cookies.

2) Weights. The CRC closes for a week for repairs. Oh, no! Actually, maybe that's not so bad. Admittedly, the first week of South Beach diet is a challenge. You don't have those carbs to power you, so your energy is low and it'd be really difficult to get through a high-intensity cardio workout. You also have to be careful to not drop muscle on South Beach. Instead of my usual cardio/toning combination, I'm going to be do weight-focused workouts from home. This way I can combat that muscle loss while avoiding the cardio exhaustion.

1 comment: