Kelly takes on an intense fitness program at home with p90x.
Christina goes hard core at the gym with her personal trainer.
We're gunna BRING IT then and we're gunna BLOG IT.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Darnedest Things

So I work part-time as a riding instructor at Chastain Equestrian Center. Mostly I teach beginners, and sometimes they say the darnedest things.

Today I was teaching a 4 year-old girl that when you're tending to a horse's feet, you have to squat down instead of kneel on the ground. You can't stand quickly if you're kneeling, so it's not safe. Her mother then says, "It's nice that you teach them early on to not get on their knees". All I could manage to say was, "You had to take it there, huh?"

Earlier in the lesson, that same little girl had remarked on a horse who was doing his business. She expertly stated, "Hey, that pony pooped." I replied, "Yup, everybody poops". She then chose to loudly proclaim, "EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD POOPS!". Pretty sure every one in the vicinity heard it. I hope they all paused and meditated on it for a moment.

I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Riding has all sorts of dirty inuendos. All that comes to mind right now is stuff that Pierre said to us.....

    ReplyDelete